Tuesday March 24, 2020
In compliance with Governor Inslee’s two week “stay at home” order, Casa Latina is closing its offices and Worker Center. We are ceasing all inessential activities. We will provide some limited services for our members that are consistent with those that the Governor has decreed are critical and essential. We will be contacting existing members directly. We are not able to accept new members at this time. Some programs and activities will be continued remotely. Below is a list of the status of programs, events, and meetings. For more timely updates, please visit our Facebook page.
We are also accepting donations towards our Workers Relief Fund, which provides monetary assistance to our existing members who often have no safety net. Unable to seek day labor jobs and domestic work, they need our help now. If you wish to contribute, please donate online, as our capacity to process mail is currently limited. Simply put “Workers Relief Fund” in the comment section.
- Women Without Borders. In person meetings are suspended. If you want to connect to the closed MSF Facebook Live group to listen and see the workshops you can contact Silvia at (206) 686 – 2554 or Elvia at (206) 686 – 2623.
- Domestic Workers Council. In person meetings are suspended. If you have questions, please contact Elvia at (206) 686-2623.
- Worker Defense Committee. Meetings have been suspended. You can follow us on our Facebook page ComitedeDefensa del Trabajador.
- If you have questions about your labor rights, please call (206) 816-5824 directly.
- For anyone interested in the Priority Hire Program, please contact Marco at (206) 686-2623.
- The admission of new members to the employment program is suspended at this time.
- Day Workers Center will be closed during the Governor's Stay at Home Order. We will update this information as soon as we receive notice that we may resume this service.
- Morning English classes are suspended.
- Somo Vecinos English classes are suspended.
- Somos Vecinos will be postponed in accordance with the Seattle Public School Schedule. Spring courses will start April 27 and run through June 29.
- For information regarding the homeless employment program current members can call (206) 686-2616.
- Room Rentals have been suspended at this time until further notice.
- Reception is closed. Please call us at (206) 956 - 0779 with any additional questions.
- Renewal of membership ID is currently suspended.
- Mioposto Fundraising Event is postponed.
- The Give BIG online fundraising event is May 6 and appears to still be on schedule.
- En Camino, Casa Latina’s annual fundraising gala is currently scheduled for September 26, 2020 unless the situation dictates that we change this.