Job Announcement – September 2023
About Casa Latina
Casa Latina was founded in 1994 with a mission to advance the power of Latino immigrants through educational and economic opportunities.
Our programs are unique in that they combine direct services with community organizing, helping Latino immigrants meet their immediate needs and become key spokespeople in the fight to build a more equitable future for all immigrants.
Our current programs include employment, education, and community organizing work. You can read more about Casa Latina’s programs here.
About the Role
Casa Latina is seeking a full-time Employment Manager that will supervise daily operations and personnel-developing, assessing, and implementing key programming that supports the members the organization serves. This position will supervise the worker center and the workforce development programs and report directly to the Co-Executive Director of Employment.
- Oversee and manage day worker center and workforce development programming and curriculum development.
- Mentor, train, and supervise 3 employment department team members through weekly meetings, work plans, and constructive feedback
- Work closely with staff across the organization to identify needs for the department, train and engage volunteers
- Build a team culture that is innovative, eager to learn, and inspired to create tangible changes for working-class communities
- Manage all member relations regarding employment. This includes managing communication and decision making by program participants (e.g. worker assemblies, worker emergency fund and their meetings)
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure all funds are managed responsibly and partner in the reconciliation processes.
- Guide workforce development team on curriculum for health and safety trainings and identifying additional training opportunities for members
Key qualifications for this role are:
- Must share a commitment to the organization’s mission, including a strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position
- Demonstrable focus, resilience, and the problem-solving skill to develop solutions under challenging circumstances.
- Impeccable writing, presentation and oral communication skills, as well as an ability to synthesize and translate complicated information into clear, compelling language.
- Ability to think critically, make decisions, and justify recommendations based on data and analysis.
Compensation for this role will range between $62,000-$75,000 and will include a full benefits package of health and dental coverage, employer retirement contribution match, vacation and other paid time off.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role, a resume, and three references to: email@example.com
Priority deadline: September 21, 2023
Casa Latina is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital or military status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, political ideology or any other protected characteristic.
Sign Up for Casa Latina News!
Let’s create change together. Sign up to receive updates on Casa Latina’s programs, action alerts, events, and opportunities for involvement.