Why a Capital Campaign?
Casa Latina is at a turning point as an organization as we near completion of a $4.8 million capital campaign to establish a permanent home for our programs. In March 2009 we completed the first phase of the campaign and moved in to our current facility, a community space where clients feel comfortable and valued. Our current location, at 17th Ave S and S Jackson St. in the Central District, provides a space where we can bring all programs and operations together (before we operated out of three portable buildings on a vacant lot!) It has also allowed us to expand our programs. We are near completion of fundraising for Phase II and plan to break ground on the new facility in February 2012, with completion by the end of 2012.
The capital campaign has already:
- Established our first of two permanent facilities;
- Increased organizational assets and stability--previously, facilities were leased in three different sites which created inherent inefficiencies and long term expenses;
- Given the organization greater visibility and boosted awareness of its programs for women and families;
- Allowed us to become more efficient in our use of resources;
- Allowed us to add programs such as green gardening, green training, and our Somos Vecinos/We are Neighbors language exchange program.
Finishing the campaign and second building will:
- Further increase our ability to achieve our mission by providing more classroom training spaces, allowing more low income individuals to move up in the economic ladder;
- Provide a community space that can be shared with other organizations;
- Create opportunities for earned revenue streams through rental of a conference room/gathering hall;
- Provide great symbolic meaning for clients as the organization's transition to greater stability mirrors the journey these clients take to create stability in their own lives.
We have come a long way towards creating A Home for Opportunity, especially in this challenging economy-but we need YOUR support to complete our fundraising goal. Thank you for making your donation or pledge today!
- Make a donation now.
- Download a printable Capital Campaign Pledge Form-1.doc
You also can download a 2 page Capital Campaign Fact Sheet here:
- Casa Latina Campaign Q&A updated Jan 2012.doc
For more information or to make a pledge or donation, contact Jill Rose, Development Director, at 206.956.0779 x114 or email@example.com.